Is it just me, or is shopping for denim kind of tough?
It’s really not something you can freely buy online without knowing anything about the brand, you actually have to trek to the mall & try on 500 pairs to possibly find one or two pairs you actually like.
But malls suck & shopping for denim doesn’t have to be that hard.
If there is one thing I have learned over the years of shopping experience, you just gotta nail down 5 or so brands of denim you LOVE & put them on rotation. I honestly don’t venture out much from my top 5 brands because at the end of the day I know they are the ones I personally feel most comfortable in (comfort is key when it comes to denim), fit me the best, & are
More often than not, when I attempt to try a different denim brand, I always end up digging in my denim drawer for my go-to pairs & bury the new ones at the bottom of the stack.
SO- today I am sharing with you guys my 5 coveted denim brands that I am obsessed with. Everyone needs flattering/comfy/fab denim in their lives & really, & this list will be sure to solve all your denim problems.
How to Online Shop for Denim:
+ start with a measuring tape & measure your upper hips, lower hips, waist, & inseam. If you don’t know where to measure- check out this site. Jot down your measurements somewhere you can easily access for all you future online denim shopping needs.
+ REFERENCE the size charts & compare with your measurements. These things are the real deal & a sure fire way to get the perfect fitting jeans online.
+ See if they note the models size & measurements in the product description, this is the first thing I look for so I can see how they run.
+ Another good tool is to measure your favorite jeans as well & compare to the jeans your ordering.
+ If you are still unsure, just email the company & ask them to help you figure out which size would fit best.
+ & if you are STILL confused, order two pairs & return the ones that don’t fit. A little extra expense upfront, but you’ll get it back & time is money (aka better than going to the MALL!).
+ once you nail down your sizes, write them down as well so you can refer back to the size that fits right & you can even google “if I am a size 27 in TopShop jeans, what size would I be in Zara jeans”. Google is life.
My Top 5 Denim Brands
1. RE/DONE: I love love love RE/DONE jeans. Ever since the Elsa came out (aka my dream pair of jeans), I have been hooked. The way the denim molds to your body after you wear a few times is a dream! I also have the classic shorts (as seen in this post) & they are my favorite shorts in my closet for sure.
2. FRAME: I just got my hands on a couple Frame pieces- the Nouveau Le Mix Jacket & the Re-Release Le Original. Frame is a pricier denim brand, but 100% worth the splurge IMO. It is the softest most comfortable denim & SO flattering. This is the first time in my life that I really realized, quality denim makes ALL the difference.
3. ZARA: Zara is where I go when I am looking for jeans with flair. They are on the cutting edge with their denim trends (embroidery, studs, pearls, rips, uneven hems, trumpet denim, etc.), & the quality can’t be beat… especially at such an affordable price point.
4. Levis: I feel like Levi’s are the denim you either love, or really hate. They are classics, & if you don’t like them, it’s simply cause you’re not finding the right style. I LOVE a good pair of Levi’s. If you get the perfect pair for you, they are actually a really sexy denim & make your booty look GREAT.
5. Topshop: legit- TopShop kills it when it comes to denim. They have the perfect mix of on trend denim w/ flair, along with classic denim for your everyday wardrobe. Plus, their denim won’t break the bank, but far from cheap when it comes to quality. One of my top favorite jeans are my TopShop Jamie skinnys, I have worn the LIFE out of them, so it’s probably time for a new pair. They are basically like the Spanx version of denim, but super comfy.
wearing: RE/DONE classic shorts | Frame Nouveau Le Mix Jacket | white lace bodysuit (sold out- similar here & here) | Converse high top | Quay x Desi Perkins High Key fade | Louis Vuitton Palm Springs backpack
the edit | Top Denim Picks
[ PHOTOS BY ARIELLE LEVY ]