OKAY- so my crop top transition is a little different then most, because in my part of the world, Fall is running very late.
I whine about it everyday, so you guys probably already know, but I LOVE FALL. I should probably relocate to Seattle or Portland, because I would be happy as a clam if it was raining every.single.day.
If only I wasn’t so obsessed w/ my friends/family/house (also, I don’t do well with change #creatureofhabit)… I would’ve booked a ticket yesterday.
BUT, that’s besides the point, because here I am… sitting in 78 degree weather, doing rain dances & blasting the AC just so I can layer up in sweaters & light pumpkin spice candles.
Today’s post is a San Diego version of a crop top transition because… this is the best I can do in this hot hot heat. I swapped out my go-to high waisted shorts for my fave pinstripe trousers (on sale!!) & paired it with this rad lace-up back crop. I am all about showing a little back, along with a tad bit of midriff (not down with anything low waisted when wearing a crop- works for some, but not for most… FYI!). Also, not shown (thankfully), but I also am rocking my nippies which are actually the best thing since sliced bread.
Point is, crop tops can be worn all year long & when the temps drop around here (or should I say if….), here are the top 5 crops I will def. be wearing. If you live in a colder climate, lucky duck… cause these are just so damn cute for Fall!!
1. Missguided blush satin wrap crop: I am having a weird moment with blush lately, & satin… so this bad boy is def. on my wishlist. It is SO chic & would look fab with some layered necklaces & a choker (or two).
2. Topshop twist front grey crop: this little number is so damn chic! I love the twist front detail for a little extra peek of skin & it’s a turtleneck… which I love! Pair it with a pair of high waisted black flares & a rad belt for an easy & super cool look.
3. River Island black rose embroidered crop: Meowwwww. This one combines two of my fave trends of the moment: rose embroidery & fishnet! I am digging this piece in a big big way. It would be great for a night out on the town (if I wasn’t a Grandma) with a leather mini skirt + some black thigh high boots. Kardashian/Jenner vibes… all the way.
4. Calvin Klein sweatshirt crop top: I am obsessed w/ my Calvin sweatshirt, so it’s no surprise this all black cropped version caught my eye- so cool! I’d rock it with some ripped up black skinnies (high waist) & some rad black ankle boots.
5. Missguided nude mesh crop: this is a perfect crop for some stylish layering- it’s nude mesh with a mock turtleneck (love) & would look great worn under a graphic rocker tee w/ some ripped up skinnies or under a sleek nude slip dress for a cool girl vibe.
Shop this look + more Fall crops below! x, E
Wearing: black lace-up ribbed crop top | pinstripe trousers (on sale, but almost sold out- similar style here) | black mules | triangle lariat necklace | wrap choker | hamsa necklace (my good luck charm!) | oversized aviators (similar)
The Edit | Fall Crop Top Faves
[ photos by Arielle Levy ]