Don’t get me wrong, I love the convenience of online shopping very very much… but every once in a while, there is something nice about actually going to a store, preferably with some girlfriends, & trying things on… in real time.
Back in my day *LOL*, that’s just how we did all of our shopping, & it was one of my fave pastimes. Call me nostalgic, but every once in a while I love a good girls day. Lunch, maybe a little champs, & then… we go shopping.
SO- for all you local babes, today I am sharing one of my favorite boutiques in San Diego, Van De Vort. You can shop online too, so you don’t technically need to be local, but if you are… this little gem is a real treat. It’s like our very own slice of LA style, right here in SD, & it never fails to disappoint.
First of all, the decor is on point. The peacock chair, moroccan poufs, cowhide rug, epic shoe wall, neon sign, cow skulls, etc. etc. Basically, the whole vibe is v. instagram-worthy.
More importantly though, the clothes. Finding all the hot designers here in San Diego isn’t always easy due to the whole “California casual” vibe, so it’s nice to go somewhere and have access to all the cool girls brands such as Flynn Skye, For Love & Lemons, Stone Cold Fox, MINKPINK, Amuse Society… the list goes on & on. Basically, all the cute shit you’re seeing on your feed, Van De Vort has. The VDV girls know how to pick ’em.
Over the weekend I planned one of my throwback shopping days with my best lady friends & we all scored big time on our Winter wardrobes, so of course, wanted to share with you guys some of my top picks!
The Edit | Van De Vort Winter Wishlist
1. VDV the Label ‘Florence’ blouse & ‘Verona’ wrap skirt: VDV just recently launched it’s own label, & I am borderline obsessed. The pieces are all silky & fabulous- & this crispy white set is one of my favorite things in my closet… even in winter. I love a good winter white set-up & this outfit looks great with a floor duster & ankle boots!
2. Quay ‘Last Dance’ white & gold marble sunglasses: Marble & gold, what can I say. You guys know how I feel about that combo, & also how I feel about a huge ass pair of sunnies.
2. Five and Two tiny gold star earrings: I have a small addiction to piercing my ears, so I am always on the hunt for cute little earrings to stack up my ears & these tiny stars are the perfect addition to my growing ear party.
3. Vagabond ‘Not Your Babe’ windbreaker: make room amongst all your oversized hoodies & bomber jackets, cause windbreakers are making a super cool comeback.
4. Vagabond Demi black mini dress: this LBD is perfect for layering over a sheer long bodysuit for a dressed up look or under the above windbreaker with some sneakers for a more laid back vibe.
5. Katie Dean evil eye necklace: dainty gold necklaces are my jam & layering them up is my forever go-to. I am always on the hunt for more, and am feeling this chic little evil eye.
6. Vanessa Mooney ‘Ariel’ neck scarf: neck scarfs + slouchy t-shirt + ripped skinny jeans = fave combo of the moment.
7. Raw edge black hoodie: I am so into this hoodie- so cool, so cozy, & the raw edges are major.
8. Vanessa Mooney ‘Iggy’ belt: I am having a moment with jewelry belts- & would loved pairing this gold one over an oversized graphic tee + knee high boots.
9. MinkPink crushed velvet robe: I liveeee in this robe, & not just around the house (although I do that a lot too). It’s super cool over an all black look!
TOLD YA- super cute shit. AMIRIGHT? Not gonna lie- my winter wardrobe is on point rn. Happy shopping babes (& happy Friday!!) x, E