First Amazon Prime Day, now the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! OUCH, my credit card bill is gonna be an ugly one this month.
I mean, you guys know this I am sure, but the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is kinda the holy grail of all sales. The one we all wait for all damn year long.
The thing that people freak out over is the fact that nothing is off limits. They aren’t just marking down sale items even more, or marking down a bunch of stuff they already planned on putting on sale, they are giving massive discounts on everything- including NEW arrivals & designer pieces. When the sale ends, the prices go back up.
That being said, it’s an intimidating sale.
It’s a bit… stressful. I love Nordstrom, but I have always thought shopping their site can get overwhelming. When you’re on an overwhelming site, trying to shop a sale, you’re more than likely to make a whole bunch of impulse/nervous buys.
So…. they key is HAVING A STRATEGY & KNOWING YOUR SHIT.
How to Prepare for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
1. Know your dates. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale dates are July 13th, TODAY, Early Access starts. July 21st-August 6th, the sale is open to the publics. That is over 3 weeks long. Trust me, this won’t be the first Nordstrom Anniversary Sale post. I have a lot of ground to cover.
2. Early access is king. I have early access, & you can to. Anyone can have early access, as long as you become a Nordstrom cardholder. Nordstrom cards have massive rewards all year long, but during the anniversary sale, the rewards are MAJOR.
Nordstrom Card Holder Advantages:
+ for every dollar you spend, you get 2 points.
+ you can pick personal triple point days during the sale, where your points are tripled.
+ once you hit 2,000 points, you get $20 back to spend on whatever.
+ reimbursements for alterations
+ VIP invites to bougie Nordstrom events
Tips for Successfully Shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
1. Prepare in advance: be sure to peruse the catalogue & start making your wishlist now! Bookmark the items you want
2. Set a budget: like I said, it’s a 3 week sale, so to make sure you don’t make impulse buys & have enough cash allocated for if something good pops up at the end of the sale, choose how much you want to spend.
3. Sign up for Nordstrom Rewards program: iIf you’re not ready to take the leap into a getting the credit card, atleast join the Nordstrom Rewards Program. Its’s free to join & really easy to sign up- you don’t get early access, but you do get a $10 credit!
4. Know your sizes in advanced: to save time, take note of your sizes. Go through your closet, check some of the sizes on brands you already own & plan to shop during the sale. You can also check how to successfully shop for denim online here!
6. Keep checking back: Nordstrom restocks the sale A LOT! So if you hesitated & missed something good, keep checking back cause chances are it will be restocked if people loved it.
7. Utilize free shipping & returns: if you do make an impulse buy or just need to buy two of something to get the right size, NBD… cause Nordies has the easiest FREE shipping & returns policy.
What to Buy At Nordstrom Anniversary Sale + My Wishlist
THINK FALL! This stuff is all new arrivals for Fall, so time to start prepping your cold weather wardrobe early. Here’s what I’m loving: